Today’s third and final round at the NCAA Central Regional was a tough one for the Gopher men’s golf team. Clayton Rask shot nine strokes higher than his Friday round of 69, while Ben Pisani dropped from a tie for 35th to a tie for 93rd after shooting a fourteen-over-par 86. But the team won a playoff against Texas A&M on the first playoff hole to advance to the NCAA Championship beginning May 30 in Virginia.
Here’s how each player faired:
- T14 – Bronson LaCassie, 74-75-75-224 (+8)
- T50 – Clayton Rask, 84-69-78-231 (+15)
- T63 – Niall Turner, 80-75-79-234 (+18)
- T89 – Victor Almstrom, 79-76-82-237 (+21)
- T93 – Ben Pisani, 81-71-86-238 (+22)