Our Saturday golf group visited Cannon Golf Club in Cannon Falls this weekend. I hadn’t been there for quite some time and found a lot of changes. The practice green seemed much larger and nicer than before. The new clubhouse is pictured above–the old one was burned to the ground (on purpose) and this one was built on the same spot. I was anxious to see it, as they don’t display it on their website. The interior is quite nice and I’ve heard the food is very good.
Gill Design of River Falls is working on some major changes to the course. We’ll have more coverage of these changes on Golfing in Minnesota later in the season, but here is a summary:
- The par-4 third hole is being moved to the top of the ridge (same green).
- The current par-3 11th and par-3 16th holes will be retired.
- The current par-4 17th will be turned into a dogleg left and become the new 15th hole.
- A new par-4 16th hole will run parallel to the new 3rd hole.
- A new par-3 17th hole will be added between the new 16th green and the current 18th tees.
- New tees for the 18th hole will be built.
All of these changes are currently in the grow-in phase, which is happening while the old holes remain in play. The new holes are scheduled to open later this season.Originally published by DK on May 27, 2007 at 12:28 am