Minnehaha Academy senior Katie Detlefsen won a record fourth consecutive Minnesota Class A golf title today at Izatys Resort in Onamia, Minnesota. Her 71-73-144 (E) total was twelve shots better than second place golfers Kaytie Spangler of Ely and Molly Noser of Rochester Lourdes. This is the first time any golfer in Class A or AA, male or female, has won four consecutive titles. The girls played both rounds on the par 72, 5328-yard Sanctuary course.
Here are the top five finishers:
- 1, Katie Detlefsen, Minnehaha Academy, 71-73-144 (E)
- T2, Kaytie Spangler, Ely, 81-75-156 (+12)
- T2, Molly Noser, Rochester Lourdes, 77-79-156 (+12)
- 4, Michele Edlin, Jackson County Central, 79-81-160 (+16)
- 5, Devon Harteneck, Lake City, 79-83-162 (+18)
On the boys side, first round leader Ryan Forgaard of Shattuck-St. Mary’s followed up his 73 with a 90 and dropped into a tie for 22nd. Virginia junior Casey Hill shot 74-77-151 (+7) to win the individual title by three strokes over Pierz junior Robert Bell. The boys played both rounds on the par 72, 6391-yard Black Brook course. Here are the top five finishers:
- 1, Casey Hill, Virginia, 74-77-151 (+7)
- 2, Robert Bell, Pierz, 79-75-154 (+10)
- T3, Jim Foss, Roseau, 76-80-156 (+12)
- T3, Scott Benson, Jackson County Central, 81-75-156 (+12)
- T5, Kyle Bahe, Annandale, 81-76-157 (+13)
- T5, Kris Kuenzli, Rockford, 82-75-157 (+13)
- T5, Chase Sackett, Triton, 76-81-157 (+13)
- T5, Travis Heitman, Lake City, 80-77-157 (+13)
The forecasted bad weather never materialized, but the winds were very high all day and it was warm and humid.
We will be uploading golfer photos later this evening to the tournament section of the photo gallery. It was a pleasure meeting with parents and coaches the past two days and we invite you to download photos for non-commercial use with our compliments.
This was our first year covering the high school golf tournaments and we will make plans to photograph more student athletes in the future.Originally published by DK on June 7, 2007 at 6:18 pm