I wanted to wait until iPhone 2.0, but I had one budgeted for work and I just couldn’t resist after reading the initial waves of positive reviews.
There has been more than enough written about the iPhone, so I’ll keep it brief:
- Bigger than my old RAZR, but still comfortable in a pocket.
- Activation and transfer of old T-mobile number smooth and completed within 30 minutes.
- Screen is gorgeous, even in direct sunlight.
- Data sync with laptop easy and reliable–even picked up my photos in Aperture instead of iPhoto.
- Storage space is limiting with large music, photo and video libraries–need to prioritize what goes on it.
- Connected to my home wi-fi network easily–browsing is very fast.
- Used EDGE access once yesterday in the middle of nowhere–slow, but usable and worked fine.
Overall, I found myself with a huge smile and laughing like a little kid as I explored the interface and all of the included apps. Still need to figure out which songs I want on it and how to manage email efficiently between it and my laptop, but overall, this is a spectacular 1.0 product.
I can’t wait to see what happens next (both with software upgrades and new models down the road)…Originally published by DK on July 1, 2007 at 12:13 pm