The August 2007 issue of Golf Digest has a ranking of teaching professionals by state, as selected by their peers.
Mike Barge of Hazeltine National takes the top spot, followed by Peter Krause of Windsong Farm. None of the selected Minnesota teachers made it into the list of top 50 instructors in the country, which was led by Butch Harmon (Butch Harmon School of Golf at Rio Secco, Henderson, Nevada).
It’s interesting to see how this compares to the recent list compiled by Minnesota Golfer magazine that we mentioned last week (which admittedly didn’t include female instructors).
Here’s the complete list:
- Mike Barge, Hazeltine National, Chaska
- Peter Krause, Windsong Farm, Maple Plain
- Larry Nelson, Braemar, Edina
- Lisa Masters, Baker National, Medina
- Chris Foley, Maddens on Gull Lake, Brainerd
- Rosemary Iverson, Rush Creek Golf Academy, Maple Grove
- Craig Waryan, Edinburgh USA, Brooklyn Park
- David La Pour, Oak Marsh, Oakdale
- Gerald McCullagh, The Golf Institute at the University of Minnesota, Minneapolis
- Brian Simpson, The Wilds, Prior Lake