Took the kids back again for the second day of championship competition at Interlachen. Watching the history that is Annika Sorenstam’s last U.S. Women’s Open was our goal and she came through for us in spades. If only that eagle putt would have dropped on eighteen!
Some other notes:
- Parking at Southdale filled up today. It appeared they were moving down France Avenue slowly (Galleria, etc.) and I heard there was activity at Normandale Community College.
- More people on the grounds today than Thursday, but you could still get great views (even of the marquee groupings).
- According to the official website, play was suspended at 8:47PM with 42 players still on the course. Play will resume at 7AM Saturday.
- The projected cut is at +4, which means a bunch of notable players won’t be around on Sunday, including Hilary Lunke, Carin Koch, Laura Davies, Kelli Kuehne, Natalie Gulbis, Se Ri Pak, Juli Inkster and Michelle Wie.
- Stopped in the merchandise tent to pick up a shirt for Tapemark Charity Pro-Am president Phil Callen and saw that the artist of the official Women’s Open print was signing. Picked up a personalized “To DK” from Lee Wybranski, who also did a Torrey Pines print this year.
Due to a travel conflict, Golfing in Minnesota will not be on-site for the final two days of championship play. Here are a few resources we recommend to follow the action online:
We’ll also have a wrap-up post after the event concludes. Enjoy!Originally published by DK on June 27, 2008 at 10:20 pm