Today the odometer on the Fit passed 10,000 miles, so I thought I’d post my initial experience with “Little Red”:
- Gas mileage has ranged from 33 to 38, depending on how much city driving I did.
- I wish the tank was a little bigger – I need to refill too often (but each visit to the gas station is much cheaper than the MINI).
- The pattern on the cloth seats seems to be a trash magnet – very hard to keep them looking clean.
- The iPod integration is great – I’ve even figured out how to jump to albums, artists and playlists.
- Two things I miss from the MINI: 1) an outside temperature gauge and 2) heated front seats.
- Love having enough room for my golf clubs in the trunk and still having space for five people in the car.
- The windshield cracked in a major way after a teeny, tiny rock (or grain of sand) hit the “one in a million” spot below the wiper blade, but insurance replaced it with real factory glass.
- The oil change light came on today, saying the oil life was at 15%.
Curious to see how it does in the snow, which I’m sure will be here any day now…Originally published by DK on October 15, 2012 at 1:40 pm