Last night’s Wild game against the Nashville Predators was some good entertainment. The second period was a bit of a drag, but the rest of it was great. Some random thoughts:
- The yellow team kicked butt during the first intermission, so our side of the arena won free oil changes at that tire place.
- I tweeted during the game about Havlat appearing drunk – not sure if he was winded at the end of a long shift or what, but wow did he look dazed and confused for a while. He had an assist, though, so I guess he can coast again for a few games.
- My uncle and I looked for some new food and ended up with mini donuts. I wish there was a little more variety on the upper concourse.
- Koivu’s post-score dance celebration was awesome. It sure would be nice if that power play unit was so smooth all the time.
- Speaking of Koivu, the non-call in the third, followed by the hooking call with 2:20 left, was frustrating. Especially since the rest of the game was relatively event free from a penalty/ref standpoint.
- Boogaard came this close to getting that elusive goal in the first period.
- Ebbett’s game-winner was great, but I was more impressed with the 80% face-off win percentage. Not bad for a little guy!
Thanks again to my aunt and uncle for the invite.Originally published by DK on December 3, 2009 at 4:49 pm