About 7 Minute Miles
Who am I?
Experienced technology and business executive with expertise in multiple industries, including large venue management, gaming, aviation, education and hospitality. MBA with a combination of business knowledge, technical acumen and the ability to communicate across all levels of an organization.
My technology beliefs
- Technology is foundational
- Technology should have a seat at the table
- Technology should be funded realistically
- Technology is not always the answer
- Give people the right tools for the job
- Take time to select the best partners
- Never stop learning and trying new things
- You can never have too many backups
“Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic”
— Arthur C. Clark
Social media and contact info
Why 7 minute miles?
It’s the pace I’d need to run to qualify for the Boston Marathon.
There is still a Minnesota company called 7 Minute Miles, LLC, that I own, but it is dormant. Originally founded as Golden Links Publishing Limited, projects included sports publishing, web development and technology consulting.
Hobbies and interests
The short tagline says husband, dad and nerd. An extended version would add runner, golfer, skier, mountain biker, foodie, photographer, traveler, music lover and stamp collector.
- Computer: MacBook Pro 14-inch
- Mobile: iPhone 14 Pro
- Televisions: Sony
- Cloud: AWS
- Musician: Tom Petty
- Song: Before the Rain by Lee Oskar
- TV show: Survivor
- Movie: Empire Strikes Back
- Restaurant: Saint Dinette
- Town: Grand Marais
- Big city: Los Angeles
- International city: London
- Cold resort: Fairmont Banff Springs
- Warm resort: Grand Hyatt Kauai
- Ski resort: Schweitzer
- Golf course: The Wilderness at Fortune Bay
- Private course: Interlachen
- Theme park: Disneyland