- Key member of executive team that opened $1.1 billion sports and entertainment venue on-time and on-budget. Manage $100 million in stadium technology, including primary data center, 62 IDF closets, 200 Cisco switches, 1200 wireless access points, 2100 IP televisions, 700 IP telephones, 850 iOS devices, 450 IP security cameras and 200 workstations and laptops. Support our mission of creating memorable experiences by providing 1) a stable wireless network for a great guest mobile experience, 2) a secure network infrastructure to support safe credit card transactions at concession stands, merchandise kiosks and the box office, 3) an exceptional branded digital experience for premium guests via IPTV, tablets and telephony, 4) a technology platform that supports excellent in-game replay and video production on all stadium scoreboards, concourse displays and concession stand menu boards, 5) support for ticket scanner operations to get guests in the building easily and 6) keep guests safe via network cameras, digital recording of footage and incident management systems. Support multiple clients and partners, including the Minnesota Sports Facilities Authority, Minnesota Vikings, NFL, NCAA, Homeland Security, concert promoters, broadcasters and media. Successfully hosted Super Bowl LII, setting a new all-time WiFi traffic record of 16.31 TB. Mentor and support technology staff (IT manager and part-time staff).
- Responsible for overall availability of technology systems for gaming, hospitality, marketing, entertainment, golf, accounting, human resources, radio broadcasting (WELY) and convenience store operations. Supervised staff of three IT specialists who supported network operations and storage, server administration, backup and recovery, telecommunications and team member troubleshooting. Provided effective leadership to the Bois Forte Development Corporation and Reservation Tribal Council, including expense management, strategic planning and policy creation. Designed and published company intranet, fortunebay.com and all corporate social media accounts.
- Performed several successful deployments of Apple technology on behalf of Apple Professional Services (K-12). Consulted with clients on a wide range of technology solutions, including nationwide remote and onsite reactive support, web server administration, system imaging/mass deployment, Xsan and Final Cut Server.
- Designed web-based student information management system for 200-student Minnesota charter high school founded by a former Prince protégé. Re-engineered entire technology infrastructure, including workstations, server, network and phone system. Created and implemented technology plan for Los Angeles expansion school and served as technology director for both schools.
NORTHWEST AIRLINES – EAGAN, MINNESOTA
Manager, line maintenance automation (2001 – 2003)
Senior technology specialist, fuel and corporate services (1996 – 2001)
Manager, general credit (1993 – 1996)
Senior collector, universal air travel plan (1992 – 1993)
New accounts clerk, freight credit (1991 – 1992)
- Supervised staff of seven credit clerks and managed 17 general ledger accounts with balances up to $25 million and annual billings of more than $530 million. Designed executive reporting system for $175 million receivables financing project, ensuring AA certificate rating and reduced cost of funds. As technology specialist for the Fuel department, utilized many unique Apple technologies to support president and CFO with $1 billion annual fuel expense. In Technical Operations, managed 95 servers and workstations worldwide. Built an aircraft maintenance intranet reporting system that resulted in annual budget savings of $900,000.
- Mac OS X Client and Server, iOS, Linux
- Windows 10 and Server 2013
- MySQL, SQL Server and Oracle databases
- Office 365, Google Apps for Domains
- Cisco Vision, Appetize, ABI, ISS 24/7
- WordPress, phpMyAdmin, Apache, DNS
- Photoshop, Coda, CSS, PHP
- VMware, EMC storage
- Cisco switches, access points and telephones
Tapemark Charity Pro-Am, volunteer website coordinator (tapemarkgolf.org) and co-director IT, 2002 – present
Technology Advisory Council, Hibbing Community College, 2010 – 2015