La Guerre des EtoilesOriginally published by DK on August 4, 2022 at 3:02 pm
Pizza on Randolph before a movie at the RiverviewOriginally published by DK on August 3, 2022 at 11:28 pm
…but not as creepy as the Woodbury 10 Theater itselfOriginally published by DK on July 14, 2022 at 8:40 am
Yoda bestOriginally published by DK on June 19, 2022 at 10:23 am
Movie time with MK and The Boy @ Alamo WoodburyOriginally published by DK on May 28, 2022 at 8:45 pm
Good work. Sleep well. I’ll most likely kill you in the morning…Originally published by DK on April 1, 2022 at 10:11 am
Life’s like a movie, write your own ending, keep believing, keep pretending…Originally published by DK on March 6, 2022 at 7:57 pm
Temporarily lost access to my Star Wars Card Trader account because of FacebookOriginally published by DK on March 1, 2022 at 11:23 pm
Don’t care what they say, I’d still put this in my houseOriginally published by DK on February 21, 2022 at 11:06 am
You’re the droid I’m looking forOriginally published by DK on February 14, 2022 at 12:06 am
…but the songs by Lin-Manuel Miranda were solidOriginally published by DK on November 25, 2021 at 6:39 pm
“I offer the film to France with admiration and respect and a little envy”Originally published by DK on October 30, 2021 at 8:42 am
This one made me a sad boiOriginally published by DK on October 7, 2021 at 11:44 pm
Mad Max Fury Road @ VenetianOriginally published by DK on September 6, 2021 at 7:29 pm
Hey, let’s play a game. It’s called ‘See Who Can Be Quiet the Longest.’Originally published by DK on August 29, 2021 at 2:58 pm
Colin Jost?Originally published by DK on July 11, 2021 at 3:32 pm
Auction at the Saints gameOriginally published by DK on July 1, 2021 at 6:18 pm
Disney’s Cruella @ the GrandviewOriginally published by DK on June 18, 2021 at 12:04 am
A Quiet Place, Part II @ the RiverviewOriginally published by DK on May 29, 2021 at 10:14 pm
She used to work in a diner, never saw a woman look finer. I used to order just to watch her float across the floor…Originally published by DK on May 1, 2021 at 7:37 pm
In the not-so-distant past, I was very much an advocate for cord-cutting. Everyone likes to bag on the cable companies, but to be honest, the only real issues I’ve had with them my entire life are cost and channel selection. The former always goes up and the latter never seemed to include exactly what I wanted. Cord-cutting seemed to be the solution – just let me pay for the channels I want. Unfortunately, the TV provider also being the internet bandwidth provider makes it difficult to get one without the other. The last time we moved, Comcast basically offered me internet plus a bunch of channels for the same price as just internet (which also turns out to be a very good deal if you like live sports).
Today, I seem to have a bit of everything (and the amount I pay to Comcast continues to rise). I have an old AppleTV connected to our Sony set, which streams multiple services that I get billed for in addition to Comcast: Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max, Apple TV+, Disney+ and CBS All Access (which we just added so Colleen could watch The Stand). At some point, I need to catalog all of these accounts, see how much I’m paying in total and decide if we really get that much value out of them. In normal times? Probably not. During a stay-at-home pandemic? Likely a bargain.
- Dark, Netflix (seasons 1-3): Armon told me to watch this German science fiction series about murder and time travel. It’s got subtitles, so you really have to pay attention. That’s good advice even if it was in English, as there is a large cast and it gets confusing very quickly. I did like it overall, but to be honest, it was a battle to finish all three seasons.
- Letterkenny, Hulu (season 9): I love this Canadian comedy and was super excited for a new season, but flew through all seven episodes in one sitting and now it’s gone again. Pitter Patter.
- Disenchantment, Netflix (part 3): Matt Groening’s medieval cartoon series is more Futurama than Simpsons, but the trio of Bean, Elfo and Luci make me laugh. Similar to Letterkenny, season/part 3 was over way too fast.
- Lupin, Netflix (season 1, part 1): Another foreign language Netflix original (France), this mystery thriller with subtitles demands attention. With only five episodes online now (out of ten shot for season one), it’s a quick watch. Cliff hanger warning: hopefully the second half of the season gets released soon so we can find out what happens to Omar Sy’s excellent character Assane Diop.
- Kim’s Convenience, Netflix (seasons 1-4): this Canadian comedy series set in Toronto has some of the best husband-wife and parent-child jokes of any show we’ve watched. Almost done with season four (and very happy to read there will be at least two more seasons coming).
- Night Stalker, Netflix: The New York Post (of all places) said this four-part true crime documentary about serial killer Richard Ramirez was “too graphic,” but we found it very interesting. I believe most of this happened while Colleen and I were in high school, but I only had a vague recollection of the case.
- Snowpiercer (movie): This 2013 science fiction thriller was on my watch list for a long time, as part of our recent Bong Joon-ho kick (Parasite, Okja, The Host). Can’t remember which service it popped up on, but we recently learned this is now also a series on TNT (with two seasons).
- Peaky Blinders, Netflix (season 1): With five seasons of this BBC show available, I wasn’t sure if I wanted to commit the time to a period piece set in post-WWI Birmingham, but now it’s almost like a British Sopranos for me, to be honest. Will continue onward.
- The Aristocats: I like that Disney+ has almost all of the old Disney animated movies to watch whenever you want (no more “available for a limited time on VHS” crap). When I read that some of the old movies now have disclaimers at the beginning, I decided to re-watch this one first. More details can be found on their “Stories Matter” website.
- Behind the Scenes of The Mandalorian, Disney+: I know I just linked to something different on the Star Wars website, but the behind the scenes series on Disney+ is really good (after you’ve watched both seasons). This franchise is in such good hands: Dave Filoni, Bryce Dallas Howard, Carl Weathers, Robert Rodriguez and Jon Favreau (who was a guest on Letterman the one time I got to see it in person) all seem like such cool, dorky people.
Thinking back on how many hours I’ve spent watching these, it’s a good thing at least some were also spent on the treadmill…
UPDATE: Per Kid Two, *she* pays for Hulu and also said I forgot about Amazon Prime Video…Originally published by DK on February 2, 2021 at 12:47 am
The train in Snowpiercer, thoughOriginally published by DK on January 6, 2021 at 9:30 pm
That Han Solo thing is made of soap – per CMKOriginally published by DK on December 30, 2020 at 3:55 pm
Didn’t taste like piss and flies to meOriginally published by DK on December 14, 2020 at 9:14 pm
This is so great – thanks, CKOriginally published by DK on December 14, 2020 at 1:29 pm
Change my plan, get HBO Max for freeOriginally published by DK on December 9, 2020 at 10:26 pm
1935-2020Originally published by DK on November 29, 2020 at 8:05 am
You are part of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor! Take her away!Originally published by DK on August 29, 2020 at 8:33 pm
Lunes and KylieOriginally published by DK on August 9, 2020 at 10:18 am
http://extension765.com/soderblogh/18-raidersOriginally published by DK on July 29, 2020 at 10:18 am
You are a smelly pirate hooker. Why don’t you go back to your home on Whore Island?Originally published by DK on July 18, 2020 at 6:50 pm
My mistake. Four coffins.Originally published by DK on July 9, 2020 at 7:14 pm
Originally published by DK on July 6, 2020 at 9:28 am
Casino promos (100 points each)Originally published by DK on July 3, 2020 at 8:17 pm
Wish I could’ve pulled the other two colorsOriginally published by DK on June 22, 2020 at 8:22 pm
The Beaver HouseOriginally published by DK on June 8, 2020 at 1:53 pm
Originally published by DK on May 6, 2020 at 3:33 pm
Dynamite Magazine, August 1979
That’s pretty cool, actually – WTG, Let’s EncryptOriginally published by DK on March 27, 2020 at 1:29 pm
And that’s why you get less money, you don’t think…Originally published by DK on March 20, 2020 at 6:36 pm
Inspired by Miyazaki-sanOriginally published by DK on March 20, 2020 at 3:08 pm
…that will take a really long time.Originally published by DK on February 22, 2020 at 8:20 am
Damn, SWCT, that mission took foreverOriginally published by DK on February 6, 2020 at 7:52 am
“Boy with Apple” is used as the concierge of the year award at the Fairmont Banff Springs HotelOriginally published by DK on January 17, 2020 at 6:33 pm
Star Wars Card Trader is rocking itOriginally published by DK on December 25, 2019 at 1:05 pm
Gorillaz: The Complete BackstoryOriginally published by DK on December 24, 2019 at 3:07 pm
I’d say that’s about right – thanks, BK!Originally published by DK on November 16, 2019 at 9:46 pm
The world is full of guys. Be a man. Don’t be a guy…Originally published by DK on October 14, 2019 at 1:40 pm
Cecil’s hot pastrami + Toy Story 4Originally published by DK on September 1, 2019 at 4:11 pm
The agriculture building really outdid itself this yearOriginally published by DK on August 29, 2019 at 12:43 pm
Jules, you give that fucking nimrod $1,500, I’ll shoot him on general principle…Originally published by DK on August 16, 2019 at 9:07 am
The truth is you’re the weak. And I’m the tyranny of evil men. But I’m tryin’, Ringo. I’m tryin’ real hard to be the shepherd…Originally published by DK on August 5, 2019 at 6:05 pm
X Fest 2019, MinneapolisOriginally published by DK on August 1, 2019 at 6:16 pm
Add in Star Wars and it was a great time to be a nerdy kidOriginally published by DK on June 3, 2019 at 9:47 am
That was never a character, right?Originally published by DK on May 8, 2019 at 5:18 pm
I’d just as soon kiss a Wookiee…Originally published by DK on May 3, 2019 at 11:00 am
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/magazine/wp/2019/04/30/feature/the-case-of-dorothys-stolen-ruby-slippers/Originally published by DK on May 1, 2019 at 3:36 pm
Especially May the FourthOriginally published by DK on April 30, 2019 at 5:15 pm
Catherine says he’s been holding out for a management position…Originally published by DK on March 12, 2019 at 9:08 am
We lived there a long, long time agoOriginally published by DK on March 3, 2019 at 10:09 pm
Grandpa, that money was for tobacco!Originally published by DK on February 23, 2019 at 2:33 pm
They were like little movies, which is what I was always trying to do: A little movie every week…Originally published by DK on January 8, 2019 at 11:48 am
We are the music makers…Originally published by DK on January 4, 2019 at 12:15 am
Man goes into cage, cage goes into salsa. Shark’s in the salsa. Our shark.Originally published by DK on January 2, 2019 at 9:11 pm
Hell, they’re all disgruntled. I ain’t running no damn daisy farm. My motto is “Do it my way or watch your butt!”Originally published by DK on December 26, 2018 at 11:23 am
Strange, isn’t it? Each man’s life touches so many other lives. When he isn’t around he leaves an awful hole, doesn’t he?Originally published by DK on December 24, 2018 at 10:10 pm
This app has it’s momentsOriginally published by DK on December 23, 2018 at 10:39 am
Oddly enough, this was delayed to my old work address, where Officer Kingsbury from MPD received itOriginally published by DK on December 17, 2018 at 2:44 pm
I guess a healthy bottom line doesn’t mean much if to get it, you have to hurt the ones you depend on. It’s people that make the difference. Little people like you…Originally published by DK on November 29, 2018 at 4:02 pm
Liked how Ralph kept saying EboyOriginally published by DK on November 21, 2018 at 4:59 pm