Long live the Longhouse – it will never die 🏈Originally published by DK on July 22, 2022 at 3:21 pm
Great to catch up – good luck with training camp!Originally published by DK on July 21, 2022 at 4:15 pm
So does that mean sports betting is already here?Originally published by DK on March 1, 2022 at 11:22 pm
The Vikings charcuterie board was a huge hitOriginally published by DK on February 14, 2022 at 12:04 am
Skol, indeed 🏈 💜Originally published by DK on February 1, 2022 at 7:57 pm
What a wonderful return to the press box 🏈Originally published by DK on December 26, 2021 at 7:45 pm
It turned out pretty damn nice 🏈Originally published by DK on December 10, 2021 at 8:50 pm
Yesterday was my last official day working at U.S. Bank Stadium as the Director of IT. I was about a week shy of six years, but what a wild ride it has been:
- Five plus seasons of Vikings Football (including the Minneapolis Miracle)
- Super Bowl LII
- Men’s Final Four
- Summer X Games
- A.C. Milan vs. Chelsea
- Monster Jam and Super Cross dirt shows
- MSHSL Championships
- Metallica, Coldplay, Taylor Swift, Guns N’ Roses, Beyoncé and Jay-Z, U2 with Beck (and many other shows)
It’s been an honor to work in this building from pre-opening through today, partnering with outstanding organizations, working with truly amazing people and learning an awful lot about the sports and entertainment industry.
There are really too many people to thank for helping me succeed in this chapter of my life, but I’d like to call out a few:
- Armon Farrari, who I stole from Apple (h/t Pash) and who became one of the best technology managers I’ve ever had the pleasure to work with in any industry.
- Curtis Schmillen, Director of Operations, Leo Pidde (now retired) and Ed Kroics (who took Leo’s place): just an amazing group of coworkers inside the building and great people to be with outside of work – be it on a golf course or at a happy hour.
- Jim Farstad, executive director of the Minnesota Sports Facility Authority (and former technology consultant during construction): a true renaissance man in every way.
- Inaugural GM Patrick Talty (and HR manager Shelly Wynia) for picking me to join the opening team back in 2015.
- Current GM John Drum, who helped during my health emergency outside the stadium in 2018.
- The CTAC team at CenturyLink (now Lumen) that designed and built the original technology infrastructure: Andy Diment, Mark Olson and Evan Teisberg. Still helping to this day, extraordinary knowledge that always made my job “really pretty simple.”
- Bill Anderson and Wesley Terry at AmpThink: no one in the world knows more about WiFi than these two individuals.
- Mentor Doug Podolak: your continued support of my career (and friendship) means the world to me.
- My wife and daughters: zero percent chance I’d be here today without their love and support. You da best ❤️
Lastly, to everyone at the Vikings (past and present): you’ve been great partners and I can’t wait to see you bring home the Vince Lombardi trophy to the great state of Minnesota. Skol, Vikings!Originally published by DK on October 21, 2021 at 10:50 pm
Skol Vikings + Chuckles = separated at birth?Originally published by DK on October 12, 2021 at 8:09 pm
Last Vikings game @ U.S. Bank Stadium: Vikings 19, Lions 17Originally published by DK on October 10, 2021 at 7:47 pm
https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1152751&d=ExternalCareerSite&r=5000780763706#/Originally published by DK on October 9, 2021 at 10:16 am
You never know who you will run into at the grocery storeOriginally published by DK on October 1, 2021 at 7:51 pm
I was a skeptic, but it really is a cool effect ❄️Originally published by DK on October 1, 2021 at 3:40 pm
Quick first visit to M ResortOriginally published by DK on September 6, 2021 at 4:39 pm
Doing the hard research for work #LeaguePartnersOriginally published by DK on September 5, 2021 at 6:43 pm
Despite the rain and the loss to THE Ohio StateOriginally published by DK on September 3, 2021 at 12:46 pm
Blue ribbon from meOriginally published by DK on August 29, 2021 at 10:31 am
Release the hounds!Originally published by DK on August 14, 2021 at 10:04 am
MAKE IT LOUDOriginally published by DK on August 10, 2021 at 6:51 pm
Third time’s the charm, right?Originally published by DK on August 10, 2021 at 6:38 pm
Original Hockey Mom Brownies are coming to my office this fallOriginally published by DK on July 31, 2021 at 3:06 pm
…but the artwork is niceOriginally published by DK on July 6, 2021 at 4:27 pm
Why is my office always in the Star Tribune?Originally published by DK on July 5, 2021 at 8:24 am
Stadium Opening 2.0Originally published by DK on July 1, 2021 at 10:00 am
Events are coming back and U.S. Bank Stadium needs help getting ready. Looking for an entry-level tech support candidate to join my team this summer:
- Will train – great first job for a tech-savvy graduate
- NFL game day excitement at least ten days a year
- Good chance of working with roadies from world-famous bands
- Get paid to learn really expensive systems and equipment
- Flexible hybrid remote and onsite work environment
- Cool office that makes the news on a regular basis
- Fun team, decent boss
Getting ready for another goOriginally published by DK on May 18, 2021 at 3:48 pm
First of four days @ USBSOriginally published by DK on April 8, 2021 at 9:28 am
10,000 more shots in four daysOriginally published by DK on April 7, 2021 at 10:02 pm
Exhale. L.A., you’re on the clockOriginally published by DK on February 7, 2021 at 10:27 pm
These things are expensive, but so goodOriginally published by DK on January 24, 2021 at 3:20 pm
Flexibility (and safety) is great, but nothing beats in personOriginally published by DK on January 21, 2021 at 11:02 pm
My head is still spinning after returning home from the last home game of a very strange 2020 season:
- Games with fewer people aren’t as stressful overall, but it still takes me several hours to wind down after the final whistle blows.
- Immensely thankful everyone on our team stayed healthy all season.
- I don’t walk nearly as many steps on game day since we got a Cushman for IT.
- Five regular seasons already? 2016: 5-3, 2017: 7-1, 2018: 5-3, 2019: 6-2, 2020: 3-5
- The people in the Vikings organization are extraordinary and it’s a pleasure to work with them year after year.
- Three stadiums are now newer than us in the NFL, but next year will feel like opening the building all over again.
Just a few things to clean up this week in the building, then on to 2021…Originally published by DK on December 20, 2020 at 6:14 pm
Got my money’s worth on that oneOriginally published by DK on December 6, 2020 at 7:43 pm
Originally published by DK on November 25, 2020 at 4:39 pm
Fans would probably be good tooOriginally published by DK on November 22, 2020 at 7:37 pm
Still seems like so much to doOriginally published by DK on November 20, 2020 at 9:31 pm
Tank for Trevor?Originally published by DK on November 16, 2020 at 9:57 am
Remembering Sid 💜Originally published by DK on November 8, 2020 at 2:21 pm
It’s coming back together again – slowlyOriginally published by DK on October 10, 2020 at 5:47 pm
And now it’s obvious what it fundsOriginally published by DK on September 24, 2020 at 10:05 pm
Correctly, tooOriginally published by DK on September 14, 2020 at 1:13 pm
Are you ready for some football?Originally published by DK on September 9, 2020 at 7:31 am
Lower Pentair lobby @ USBSOriginally published by DK on August 20, 2020 at 9:52 pm
Oh, Diggsy – it was truly a Minneapolis MiracleOriginally published by DK on August 14, 2020 at 5:12 pm
Testing broadcast connectionsOriginally published by DK on July 28, 2020 at 3:41 pm
Looked good today @ USBSOriginally published by DK on July 20, 2020 at 8:36 pm
SNOL @ USBS – he likes to move it, move itOriginally published by DK on July 15, 2020 at 6:52 pm
https://theathletic.com/1902636/2020/07/07/us-bank-stadium-rejected-designs-retractable-roof-big-shard-of-ice/Originally published by DK on July 7, 2020 at 8:16 pm
Hoping it gets used in 2020Originally published by DK on June 17, 2020 at 1:28 pm
Hope it sticks (even if it’s TV-only)Originally published by DK on May 7, 2020 at 9:15 pm
Still there, still closedOriginally published by DK on May 5, 2020 at 3:24 pm
Well-earned retirementOriginally published by DK on May 1, 2020 at 9:48 am
So bittersweet right nowOriginally published by DK on April 30, 2020 at 6:50 pm
I’ll take any kind of home opener at this pointOriginally published by DK on April 28, 2020 at 4:35 pm
That’s still about rightOriginally published by DK on March 29, 2020 at 2:48 pm
https://deadspin.com/lets-watch-princes-super-bowl-halftime-show-the-best-w-1772302774Originally published by DK on February 1, 2020 at 1:21 pm
Original turf sample from U.S. Bank StadiumOriginally published by DK on January 30, 2020 at 10:06 pm
Lots of Vegas in the houseOriginally published by DK on December 23, 2019 at 7:50 pm
Everybody is in your way, but it would be cool once or twiceOriginally published by DK on December 18, 2019 at 2:31 pm
And on Monday Night tooOriginally published by DK on December 8, 2019 at 4:46 pm
The Bean still rocks, thoughOriginally published by DK on December 6, 2019 at 1:58 pm
So. Much. Football.Originally published by DK on November 15, 2019 at 4:33 pm
The boat no longer goes to Loserville!Originally published by DK on November 9, 2019 at 3:42 pm
As seen on Diners, Drive In’s and DivesOriginally published by DK on October 27, 2019 at 10:01 pm
Blow that horn, Steve JordanOriginally published by DK on October 24, 2019 at 8:27 pm
Super Bowl LII artworkOriginally published by DK on October 23, 2019 at 12:09 pm
Impressive win by the home teamOriginally published by DK on October 13, 2019 at 4:30 pm
All the field lights were completely off when I took this…Originally published by DK on September 22, 2019 at 7:37 am
Probably should’ve gone to thisOriginally published by DK on September 13, 2019 at 3:58 pm
The Erben Brothers; Jen of the NorthOriginally published by DK on September 8, 2019 at 2:57 pm