No FilterOriginally published by DK on June 23, 2020 at 9:03 pm
12th green, Ridges at Sand CreekOriginally published by DK on June 13, 2020 at 8:36 pm
Nice to have a new riding buddyOriginally published by DK on April 26, 2020 at 6:24 pm
Almost halfway to May too…Originally published by DK on April 13, 2020 at 3:04 pm
Ice sculptures in Rice Park for Saint Paul Winter CarnivalOriginally published by DK on January 26, 2020 at 5:19 pm
Happy birthday to me ❄️Originally published by DK on January 19, 2020 at 9:34 am
This town is really somethingOriginally published by DK on January 15, 2020 at 8:54 pm
Temperatures will plummet to values not seen in years…Originally published by DK on January 11, 2020 at 7:46 pm
SK window in MinneapolisOriginally published by DK on December 31, 2019 at 12:08 pm
As Minnesota awaits the first big snowfall of the season, it seems like a good time to ponder:
- Never had them before, but really ready for the nosebleeds to stop (it’s been 1-2 times daily for 12 days now).
- This website was running slow for a bit and it seems that it was due to a memory leak in ARDagent, of all things.
- End of the year free time goal: mobile-friendly theme programming.
- Got our first 16-inch MacBook Pro in the office today: keyboard is nice and the speakers are unbelievable.
- Baby Yoda and the Mando character are worth getting Disney+ all by themselves.
- Today I paid off my last ultra-high interest rate credit card from the old days (and it feels great).
- I’ve stayed away from casinos for a long time, but that all changes for Black Friday Bingo.
- Speaking of Black Friday sales, kid one will be upgrading her phone this weekend (getting a red iPhone 11).
- My dad had thyroid cancer surgery at St. John’s hospital and was transferred to Bethesda before having breathing issues. He’s now been in the ICU at St. Joe’s hospital for two weeks and we can’t wait to get him back home.
- My mother-in-law’s house has been cleaned out and will hopefully be listed for sale this week.
- I haven’t run or biked in nearly two months and I’m pretty OK with that, to be honest.
- Plan to start weight training over the winter, but I need some PT on my right rotator cuff (12/3).
- Still have the +8 prism lens, but I’ve been spending more time without glasses (and visit the eye doctor again 12/24).
- Hoping to get back to skiing this season: Banff/Lake Louise, Lutsen, Afton, Welch and maybe Colorado.
- Get to shadow a game at Soldier Field next month in Chicago (vs. Dallas on TNF).
- The new Star Wars Card Trader app update is nice, but I still can’t figure out how to trade the way I used to.
- Perfect stars in Two Dots might be my greatest gaming accomplishment ever – love that game.
- Both kids doing great in school: kid one at Metro State and kid two at St. Paul College.
- They are also learning a lot at Nive Man University (aka Saint Dinette).
- Wilco was great at the Palace and I have three more shows in the next week (POLIÇA, Lydia Liza and Dead Man Winter).
Happy Thanksgiving!Originally published by DK on November 25, 2019 at 8:09 pm
Just a dustingOriginally published by DK on November 6, 2019 at 8:33 am
Although I wasn’t wild about “feels like 97F” eitherOriginally published by DK on November 5, 2019 at 9:06 am
So long, fallOriginally published by DK on October 21, 2019 at 8:32 am
Not what I wanted to see before the first tee time of the dayOriginally published by DK on October 20, 2019 at 8:57 am
Far from peak, but starting to show in the metroOriginally published by DK on October 8, 2019 at 3:46 pm
I hadn’t noticed…Originally published by DK on August 25, 2019 at 6:14 pm
It will be cold before you know itOriginally published by DK on August 16, 2019 at 7:37 am
Mississippi National with the boysOriginally published by DK on August 14, 2019 at 10:50 pm
Barrio Lowertown, 79FOriginally published by DK on August 9, 2019 at 6:05 pm
YAAAASOriginally published by DK on July 30, 2019 at 10:47 am
Weirdest rain delay everOriginally published by DK on July 17, 2019 at 12:44 pm
Too cold, too hot?Originally published by DK on July 14, 2019 at 5:32 pm
Summer can be exhaustingOriginally published by DK on June 28, 2019 at 6:40 pm
Just in time for the big grad party tooOriginally published by DK on May 25, 2019 at 12:52 pm
Another great visit to Sin CityOriginally published by DK on May 24, 2019 at 5:17 pm
Caesar’s Palace and the PalmsOriginally published by DK on May 22, 2019 at 11:09 pm
If you ever wanted to visit Minnesota, weeks like this are the time to do itOriginally published by DK on May 16, 2019 at 1:54 pm
…but most everything is late this yearOriginally published by DK on May 12, 2019 at 3:13 pm
…but got to ride the whole river path today (before the rain)Originally published by DK on May 8, 2019 at 4:04 pm
I’m so out of shape – this month should help a lotOriginally published by DK on May 6, 2019 at 12:16 pm
Race Day 2019 could snow (again)Originally published by DK on April 26, 2019 at 1:18 pm
I generally like winter and snow, but come on already…Originally published by DK on April 12, 2019 at 9:03 am
Of course it needs to snow againOriginally published by DK on April 11, 2019 at 8:47 am
Worst one since we moved to LowertownOriginally published by DK on March 30, 2019 at 5:00 pm
Originally published by DK on March 24, 2019 at 7:38 pm
Not super high yet, but we will see…Originally published by DK on March 23, 2019 at 5:47 pm
Downtown Saint Paul streets are in rough shapeOriginally published by DK on March 21, 2019 at 7:35 am
So glad it’s goneOriginally published by DK on March 20, 2019 at 8:06 am
Love these warmer spring daysOriginally published by DK on March 14, 2019 at 7:56 pm
The snow can be pretty (even when it’s a pain in the ass)Originally published by DK on March 10, 2019 at 1:45 pm
The Como conservatory has always kicked assOriginally published by DK on February 17, 2019 at 5:31 pm
Although not for too long, pleaseOriginally published by DK on February 7, 2019 at 10:47 pm
Rollin’Originally published by DK on February 7, 2019 at 8:55 am
Half had already flown away tooOriginally published by DK on February 6, 2019 at 5:31 pm
The Polar Vortex can leave any time nowOriginally published by DK on February 1, 2019 at 9:57 am
Kinda hard to tell without motionOriginally published by DK on November 6, 2018 at 4:28 pm
Um…OK ❄️ ⛄️Originally published by DK on October 4, 2018 at 9:17 am
Hoping for a triumphant return to racing at the TC10Originally published by DK on October 3, 2018 at 10:48 pm
Tough week with stress, health, cold weather, tech gremlins and politics/news, but still trying to fight the good fightOriginally published by DK on September 28, 2018 at 11:44 am
It was really nice having my bike (and clothes) to ride home after the game – perfect September weatherOriginally published by DK on September 23, 2018 at 6:48 pm
Wow, 24F in northern Minnesota this morning – that was quickOriginally published by DK on September 6, 2018 at 10:38 am
I’m never prepared for the first day with a hint of fall, but I love it ?Originally published by DK on August 28, 2018 at 3:38 pm
Nice recovery, Saint PaulOriginally published by DK on July 1, 2018 at 1:50 pm
Enough with the live in the moment crap, thoughOriginally published by DK on June 13, 2018 at 10:54 pm
Somewhere out there on that horizon…Originally published by DK on June 5, 2018 at 7:35 pm
Glad I stayed in the pavilionOriginally published by DK on May 25, 2018 at 12:28 pm
Very late lilac bloom season this yearOriginally published by DK on May 17, 2018 at 6:32 pm
That wasn’t super funOriginally published by DK on May 14, 2018 at 8:43 pm
Snow, but melting in the warm sunOriginally published by DK on April 19, 2018 at 4:44 pm
Now I’m like…whateverOriginally published by DK on April 15, 2018 at 10:16 pm
So thankful for this optionOriginally published by DK on April 14, 2018 at 9:02 am
At least in NevadaOriginally published by DK on March 29, 2018 at 3:34 am
The Vulcans have spokenOriginally published by DK on February 14, 2018 at 6:13 pm
No driving today, thank youOriginally published by DK on January 22, 2018 at 4:20 pm
And so it beginsOriginally published by DK on December 4, 2017 at 11:11 pm
Cold, but prettyOriginally published by DK on November 20, 2017 at 10:33 pm
The time has come for winter to take holdOriginally published by DK on November 3, 2017 at 6:31 pm
A perfect fall day in St. PaulOriginally published by DK on October 8, 2017 at 10:25 pm
Faribault $25 specialOriginally published by DK on September 23, 2017 at 1:30 pm
My hometown rocksOriginally published by DK on July 30, 2017 at 11:14 pm