A few random Sunday night notes:
- The introvert in me is doing just fine, thank you very much.
- Started Yale’s free Science of Well-Being online class and I’m really glad I did (h/t Charles).
- Inspired by Ms. Rosner, I’m going to switch to unleaded for the immediate future.
- The scale is not my friend these days, but I’m still trying to close those three damn circles every day.
- Need to pick a day this week to run the virtual Get in Gear 10K and submit my (likely very slow) time.
- News and social media can be soul-crushing these days, but I just can’t turn it completely off. As the great Sandra Boynton said, don’t let the turkeys get you down.
- When this is all over, I want to buy drinks (in person) for all the cool people I follow on Twitter and Instagram.
- This weekend’s focus was deciding which physical CDs and DVDs we could do without. Once it reopens, Electric Fetus will be gifted the whole pile.
- The plan this week is to get the food page updated with those spots now offering great take-out. I don’t have an unlimited budget, but we should all try and support as many of our local favorites as we can.
- Finished all the taxes (ours and my dad’s) before the original April 15th deadline, but will hold on to those checks until July.
- Still can’t believe we are all done with Lombard – such a huge relief (thanks again Kary).
- Photos + iPhone + Catalina = fubar. All I want is to sync albums from Photos to my phone, but all I get is “Photos cannot be synced to the iPhone because your Photos Library is not yet available. Please try again later.” Never thought I’d yearn for iTunes.
- Starting week three with the CPAP and so far I’m not a big fan. Can’t sleep on my stomach or side, I don’t like breathing only through my nose and it hasn’t improved my sleep quality much. Definitey quieter for everyone else, though.
- Looking forward to my first socially-distanced round of golf this week at the always excellent Willingers in Northfield.
- Scheduled to see my long lost friend Eric at James Irving on May 4th. Fingers crossed…
Wishing you all peace, love and happiness ❤️Originally published by DK on April 19, 2020 at 9:17 pm